Monday, July 2, 2012

here goes nothing

I've been thinking about starting a blog for some time, though the million reasons why I shouldn't always seemed better than the handful of reasons why I wanted to. Not many of my recipes or crafts are originals, merely variations of what I have seen floating around the internet; I was discouraged by that idea. I have a 20 month old and another wee one on the way. My husband works bizarre hours and we rarely see each other at convenient times. Don't I have better things to do than write about the stuff I'd already done? As if Facebook and folding laundry doesn't take up enough of my day.
-insert whine-
However, on a recent family vacation, my fabulous brother told me something like this: 

"I've been thinking, and I think you should blog. You're good at writing and you're witty enough.  You're already putting in most of the work, with you cooking and making stuff for your family.  The only thing you're not doing is writing it down. I mean, I wouldn't read it, but I think other people would."

So thank you, Brother Mine, for the final push and encouraging words. There's a good chance you won't see that thanks, but maybe someone else will. Here goes nothing.

Me and Baby Wonder. You won't see much of my husband on here. Safety first!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Shannon! I must confess yours is the first blog I've clicked purposefull...

    ReplyDelete