Tuesday, August 21, 2012

football wreath

It has happened.

Football season is upon us.

In celebration, my husband decided (with some encouragement from me) that we need... cable.

So, after an hour on the phone with Time Warner, and some tricky small print to wade through, the bundle package of internet and cable/DVR is ours... all for the low, low price of my arm, leg, and firstborn.

Now I can beat myself up in the attempt to remember to record the games Hubby wants to watch, all while navigating through the strange world that is multiple channels. Hey, at least I have more than 2 episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to entertain Baby Wonder. If I see Goofy turn into a baby one more time, I may put my foot through my TV.

Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited that we can watch football now, too. I grew up in a home where my dad and bother wore matching Notre Dame T-shirts and sat on the couch for an entire fall afternoon, my Dad cradling a worn football and my brother learning how to yell at the TV from the best. Mom always made "football food" (my favorite part, for sure), we had a fire in the fireplace, it was nice and chilly out, and the leaves were changing... ahhh, fall.

So in honor of football season and the chilly weather (hopefully) right around the corner, what else was I supposed to do? I made a wreath!

Football Season!


Since The Ohio State is really the only football team that matters, that is obviously what I went with.

GO BUCKS!

I used a grapevine wreath, Hobby Lobby Letters (1/2 off!) that I painted and polka dotted, and mini wooden footballs to make the wreath. Add a scarlet bow and silver and white Christmas balls (also 1/2 off) to complete!

This was super easy, and can really be adapted for any team.

Except Michigan. Because Michigan sucks.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! Seriously adorable!! :D I've really been wanting to make a fall wreath, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg.

    ReplyDelete